This is a one pan meal (aka, less dishes to wash), and relatively healthy. You can always broil the pork if you prefer, but the sauce will be a little less robust. I used a pretty bold cab, and if I made this again I'd probably use something sweeter. This could be a good way to use up those fruit bombs they call Merlot that your friends bring over for dinner parties....
What you'll need:
- olive oil
- 2 pork chops
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place a drizzle of olive oil in skillet and heat until almost smoking
- salt and pepper pork chops (both sides) and place in pan, you should hear a sizzle
- cook until done, the internal temperature should be about 145 degrees for medium
- remove chops and place on a plate
- in the same pan, add minced garlic and sautee for a minute
- add wine to deglaze pan, scraping up the bits
- let wine reduce to about half and add blueberries, let simmer for 3-4 minutes
- pour sauce over pork chops and serve!