Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pork with Blueberry Wine Sauce

I have a TON of blueberries right now, and usually I just snack on them but I was reading about a blueberry reduction (usually you see these on beef or lamb) and saw some delicious pork chops so I thought I'd try it out. This dish is tangy and quick!



This is a one pan meal (aka, less dishes to wash), and relatively healthy. You can always broil the pork if you prefer, but the sauce will be a little less robust. I used a pretty bold cab, and if I made this again I'd probably use something sweeter. This could be a good way to use up those fruit bombs they call Merlot that your friends bring over for dinner parties....

What you'll need:
  • olive oil
  • 2 pork chops
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1 cup blueberries
Instructions:
  • Place a drizzle of olive oil in skillet and heat until almost smoking
  • salt and pepper pork chops (both sides) and place in pan, you should hear a sizzle
  • cook until done, the internal temperature should be about 145 degrees for medium
  • remove chops and place on a plate
  • in the same pan, add minced garlic and sautee for a minute
  • add wine to deglaze pan, scraping up the bits
  • let wine reduce to about half and add blueberries, let simmer for 3-4 minutes
  • pour sauce over pork chops and serve!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...