Monday, February 7, 2011

Kale Chips with Sundried Tomato Tapenade and White Bean Puree

With football season coming to a close, I wanted to leave you with some Sunday afternoon fare that can be enjoyed even without a game on.  While our Superbowl was hardly anything to write home about - we were both sick so there wasn't much eating, chest bumping, or general shenanigans - but this is something I totally would have made had I been on top of my game.  

Lacinato kale works best for this recipe, but I had flowering kale in my fridge so I used that.  Trim them up, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper, and any other spices you feel like, bake them at 375 for about 15 minutes.  I made 2 different accompaniments for them, while both are gluten free the white bean puree isn't paleo. 





Sundried Tomato Tapenade (1st picture - paleo):  Sundried tomatoes with oil, 1/2 juice Meyer lemon, crushed red pepper, sea salt, kale and Italian parsley.  Pulse it in the food processor just enough to blend - it should still have some good texture to it.

White Bean Puree (2nd picture - gluten free): White beans, sundried tomatoes with oil, 1/2 juice Meyer lemon, salt and fine ground pepper, Italian parsley.  Pulse in a food processor until smooth, adding olive oil oil if needed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...