I have some lemons. I mean, a LOT of lemons. My parents live in Palm Desert and have some incredibly prolific citrus trees so they're always giving it away. Don't get me wrong, I can handle my fair share of lemons, and here are some ideas if you find you have a plethora of these tart, oval fruits
1) Can we say cocktails?
2) Squeeze the juice into ice cube trays and freeze for later use
3) Keep wedges cut up in your fridge to throw in a glass of water - instant spa water at home
4) Squeeze it in your hair, sit in the sun and grab some highlights
5) Clean your yoga mat
6) Make a big batch of salad dressing (2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice + fresh herbs)
7) Put them down your disposal to make your kitchen smell fresh
9) Slice them up and use them in a floral arrangement
10) Make twists for your double espressos
11) Make this delicious lemon rosemary chicken on the grill
8 small chicken thighs
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 3 lemons
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag and marinate your chicken in the fridge for a few hours (up to about 4 - any longer and the acid from the lemon juice will slowly start to cook your chicken). Preheat your grill to medium and grill chicken about 12-15 minute on each side.
If you get inundated with amazing citrus like we do in Southern California, grilled lemons really add a lot of wow to your plate, they'll take about 10 minutes on medium heat.