Thursday, February 14, 2013

Paleo in the Mainstream

I was almost giddy when I saw a feature in my beloved Sunset Magazine about a Portland chef, who's also Paleo.  Gregory Gourdet, from Departure Restaurant + Lounge, did a very brief Paleo diet overview, and then added a little magic.

"Paleo food doesn't have to be stripped down.  I cook with bold Asian seasonings: lots of ginger, chiles, like jalapenos and and Thai, lemongrass, galangal, and kaffir lime.  And I like to finish dishes with hazelnut, coconut, or pistachio oils to crate unique flavor profiles."

See...like I've been saying, it doesn't have to be boring!  (but good on those of you than can eat steak and steamed broccoli for every meal)



Gourdet is also a marathoner and reminded me a little of Steve Erkel....anyone up in rainy Portlandia eaten at Departure? 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...