Friday, February 22, 2013

Paleo Pork Chop with Chipotle Blueberry Glaze

I came home with some major pig loot after my visit to Cook Pigs Ranch, and since I have a small freezer, I got right to work eating some of that delicious heritage pork. If you have a great piece of meat, I always recommend going easy on the sauce - if not forgoing it altogether. My husband and I shared this GIANT bone-in pork chop and had a ton of the sauce left over, so this recipe can easily work for up to 6 pork chops. 

 






Paleo Pork Chop with Chipotle Blueberry Glaze



3-6 pork chops

3 chipotle chiles in sauce (they come in a can)
Handful of blueberries
3 tbs maple syrup
1 cup champagne
2 tsp balsamic


 

Preheat oven to 380. In a large cast iron skillet heat some coconut oil and sear each side of the pork on high heat. For my giant bone-in chop I seared each side for about 3-4 minutes. After you've done both sides, put the pan in the oven and bake them for about 35 minutes (again, mine was close to 3 inches thick, so if your chops are thinner, they'll probably only need about 20 minutes in the over. You want the internal temp to be between 145 and 160.)





Remove pan from oven, take the pork chops out and put them on a cutting board to rest. Put the skillet back on the stove (check yourself before you wreck yourself! I always forget and grab the handle when it's back on the stove and that sucker will be hot) and turn the heat to high. Put the champagne in and let the pan deglaze, scraping up everything that's loosening on the bottom. (I can't say scrape the brown bits anymore thanks to Southpark).

Once the champagne has started to reduce, add the remaining ingredients and cook on medium/med-high, stirring often, until the sauce starts to thicken and almost look syrupy. Spoon a little sauce over the pork chop and serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...