- Make basmati rice according to package instructions and set aside - you can also use orzo, brown rice, quinoa...
- Cut corn off one cob, chop a bunch (5-8) of green onions, and place in a heated pan with olive oil. Saute until fragrant
- Make dressing: take one heaping tablespoon dijon mustard and 1/2 cup red wine vinegar in a jar. Add olive/grapeseed oil slowly until the dressing thins out and becomes a very pale yellow - shake vigorously.
- Combine rice, dressing, corn and green onions
- Chop 1/2 to 1 cup watercress and mix together
Monday, August 17, 2009
Recipe: Cold Summer Rice Salad
Ahh...the pot luck/picnic/night at the Hollywood Bowl. Nothing can induce panic like having to think of a dish, cook it, wrap it, package it, transport it, and then make it taste good and look somewhat presentable when arriving at its destination. This is not your Aunt Linda's ambrosia salad or a bucket of fried chicken...