Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recipe: Lamb 'lollipops' with zinfandel vinegar reduction, pine nuts and fresh mint

I love lamb...really, I do. Unfortunately, I have neither the budget nor the workout regiment to eat it regularly, so when I do imbibe, I treat it as a special occasion. I bought a 3 bone rack at a specialty market down the street, and was browsing the aisles looking for inspiration when I saw a bottle of Zinfandel vinegar.



What was the occasion you ask? Answer: it was Sunday, I had just seen Julie & Julia and cooking makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Also, I love watching my boyfriend eat my food. Cheers to simple pleasures...


  • Heat olive oil in a pan, season lamb with salt and pepper and sear (abut 3 mins on each side)
  • Remove lamb, add 1/2 cup Zinfandel vinegar and 1/4 cup chicken or beef broth and reduce, scraping bits. When reduced by 1/2, add 1 tbs butter and stir until melted.
  • Spoon sauce over lamb, garnish with fresh chopped mint and pine nuts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...