Friday, October 29, 2010

Coconut Pancakes & Nostalgia

Nostalgia does funny things to the brain.  Smells are more intoxicating, textures more adventurous, and tastes meet the pinnacle of everything that is good in the world.  When I'm nostalgic I want my Dad's french toast... big thick slices of sourdough gooped in egg and splashed with cinnamon and vanilla, then fried to perfection.  However, present day me with present day stomach/eating habits doesn't actually want that, but at times I do crave that smell, that Saturday morning experience... of time spent with some I love and admire.

I've mentioned before that we eat a lot of eggs and I never get tired of them, but sometimes nostalgia gets  the best of us.  


1 cup coconut flour, 2+ cups coconut milk (from the carton, and I like to use the vanilla version), 4 eggs, dash of salt, dash cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract (if you used unflavored coconut milk). Ladle into a pan - I use a really small pan and make 1 at a time, not the most efficient, but I haven't found a better way to make them a uniform shape.  I usually top with almond butter and a little honey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...