Friday, January 21, 2011

Paleo Breadcrumbs

When I was growing up my parents owned a restaurant, so we'd eat there most nights (great food and a chance to see Dad!), but when we did eat at home, my mom would make a dish that has become my ultimate I'm-homesick-want-comfort-food.  She would pan fry sole (or tilapia, or snapper), and sometimes I totally crave it.  She'd use bread crumbs, but this is substitute that even the most discerning palates can't tell the difference.  It's a very flavorful way to cook mild fish, all you need is a lemon wedge to complete the meal.


Paleo Breading (can be used for fish, chicken or pork)

1 c almond meal
1/2 c flaxseeds (pulse in a food processor)
1 tbs sea salt
1 tbs fresh cracked pepper
1 tbs fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp red pepper

Dredge fish in egg then coat both sides with breading, fry in a large saucepan in 2-3 tbs olive oil (1/2 tbs ghee can be added for flavor).  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great recipe, i used it with walleye and loved it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...