Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes

Oh man.  I rarely bake for a couple reasons.  One: You have to be so exact.  I consider myself more a free spirit in the kitchen - I don't actually own measuring spoons.  Two:  I have very little self control when it comes to things with a soft, sweet texture so I just don't stock the offenders.  

Every now and then you need a dessert - and these will come in handy for birthdays and bake sales.  I ate one, was tempted to eat another so I quickly gave them away to my neighbors before we had an incident.  Thanks to Livin Paleo for the recipe! 


Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes

4 eggs
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tbs vanilla extract
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut 
1 cup dark chocolate (I used the discs you can buy in bulk, but chips will do)




Preheat oven to 350 and line 1 muffin tin with wrappers or spray with coconut oil.  Beat eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and honey.  In a separate bowl (full disclosure: I know when you bake you're supposed to mix the dry and wet ingredients separately before you combine them, but me being a free spirit type of baker did not do this.  My cupcakes came out fine) mix almond meal, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.  

Combine wet and dry ingredients and beat until combined.  Batter will be thinner than a normal cake batter.  Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate 1/2 of the shredded coconut and divide evenly among muffin cups.  Top with the remaining shredded coconut and one chocolate disc and bake for 30 minutes.

Please enjoy responsibly :) 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look delicious! I also have no self control, luckily I have a flatmate who's happy to assist me in the eating process :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...